Happy Tax Day (although this year taxes aren’t due until Tuesday)! Every Sunday, I’m going to try to post a rundown of what’s ahead for next week in terms of Chicago-area transit, appropriately named Week Ahead In Transit (WAIT). Here’s what’s coming up this week.
- Red Line trains may be single-tracked between Grand and Cermak-Chinatown overnight.
- Blue Line trains may be single-tracked between Clark/Lake and Damen.
- Northbound Brown Line trains may use the Red Line tracks at Belmont late night.
- A handful of minor reroutes, but nothing too major.
- The new South Terminal at 95th/Dan Ryan is now open.
- Some minor reroutes and stop relocations are occurring, but nothing too major.
- Pace and IDOT are hosting a ribbon-cutting ceremony for bus-on-shoulder operation on the Edens at 10am on Monday. Routes 620 and 626 are now allowed to use the right shoulder of the Edens between Foster Avenue and Skokie Highway.
- Today (April 15) is the final day of the comment period for the upcoming BNSF schedule changes. I whined about it on Diverging Approach last week. Email your comments to Metra at BNSFservice2018@metrarr.com.
- Metra’s April board meeting is at 10:30am this Wednesday. You can livestream the meeting here.