- When: Sunday, September 3, 2017
- Where: Northwest Side and the Loop (starts/ends in Jefferson Park)
- CTA Lines: Blue and Pink Lines
- Cost: $10 CTA 1-Day Pass
This Labor Day weekend, join us in the city as we introduce my Oregonian father-in-law to the CTA system with one ‘L’ of a train crawl! We’ll be starting in Jefferson Park with lunch at Gale Street Inn before heading over to the Blue Line and working our way downtown. This is also a great opportunity for our city friends to join The Yard Social Club if they can’t make the suburban OktoberWest excursion the following weekend.
All times are approximate, since CTA trains come every 10-15 minutes. Early departure Metra trains back to Jefferson Park are available from Ogilvie Transportation Center at 4:30pm and 6:30pm.
- 12:00pm: Lunch and drinks at Gale Street Inn, Jefferson Park Blue Line
- 1:30pm: Revolution Brewery Taproom, California Blue Line
- 2:45pm: The Robey Hotel, Damen Blue Line
- 4:00pm: Transfer to Pink Line at Clark/Lake
- 4:15pm: The Plymouth, Library Pink Line
- 5:30pm: New Line Tavern, Clinton Pink Line
- 6:45pm: Emmit’s Irish Pub, Grand Blue Line (via #56-Milwaukee bus)
Even on a Sunday, Jefferson Park is one of the most transit-connected places outside of downtown. Metra Union Pacific Northwest Line trains stop at the station every two hours, and several CTA buses serve Jefferson Park as well.
Additional connections can be made at the following locations along our path:
- Montrose Blue Line
- Metra Milwaukee District North Line trains stop at Mayfair, one block west of the Montrose Blue Line station. Inbound trains stop at 11:59am and 1:59pm; outbound train departs Union Station at 12:35pm and arrives at Mayfair at 12:54pm.
- Irving Park Blue Line
- Metra Union Pacific Northwest Line trains stop one block west of the Blue Line station. These trains also serve Jefferson Park.
- Clark/Lake Blue Line
- The CTA’s busiest transfer station, Clark/Lake connects the Blue, Green, Orange, Pink, and Brown Line trains. This crawl will transfer from Blue to Pink at approximately 4:00pm.
- State/Lake Pink Line
- Transfer between Loop Elevated trains and the Red Line subway at State/Lake. We will be at State/Lake at approximately 4:05pm.
- Randolph/Wabash and Adams/Wabash Pink Line
- Metra Electric Line trains and the South Shore Line stop one block east of these stations at Millennium Station and Van Buren Street Station, respectively.
- Library Pink Line
- CTA Red and Blue Line trains have a free transfer point here from Jackson.
- LaSalle/Van Buren Pink Line
- Metra Rock Island Line trains terminate at LaSalle Street Station, one block south of LaSalle/Van Buren.
- Quincy Pink Line
- Union Station, which serves as the terminus for Metra’s Milwaukee District North, Milwaukee District West, and BNSF Railway trains, is three blocks west of Quincy.
- Washington/Wells Pink Line
- Ogilvie Transportation Center, which serves as the terminus for Metra’s Union Pacific North, Northwest, and West trains, is three blocks west of Washington/Wells.
- Washington/Wells is also a convenient transfer point for inbound Brown Line trains.
- Clinton Pink Line
- Ogilvie Transportation Center, which serves as the terminus for Metra’s Union Pacific North, Northwest, and West trains, is one-and-a-half blocks south of Clinton.
- CTA Green Line trains also stop at Clinton.
To open this map in a new window, click here.