- When: Saturday after Labor Day
- 2017: September 9
- Where: Western Suburbs (starts/ends in Itasca)
- Metra Line: Milwaukee District West Line
- Cost: $8 Metra Weekend Pass
- Hashtag: #OktoberWest
A new tradition begun in 2016, OktoberWest lines up with the annual Itasca Oktoberfest street festival held just north of the Itasca Metra Station. This year we’re supercharging the lineup with a full day of fun, starting bright and early in Hanover Park, working our way to the city (barely) and back to Itasca to enjoy German food, live music, and plenty of beer at Itasca’s Oktoberfest.
- 9:30am: Prairie Station Pub, Hanover Park
- 11:20am: 4 Points Whiskey Saloon, Medinah
- 12:25pm: Tree Guys Pizza Pub, Itasca
- 2:55pm: Eva’s Sports Bar, Mont Clare
- 4:00pm: River Cafe & Bar, River Grove
- 5:10pm: 3-J’s Tavern, Bensenville
- 6:15pm: Itasca Oktoberfest
- Chicago Union Station: Directly connect to an outbound Milwaukee West train from Metra’s Milwaukee North, BNSF Railway, and SouthWest Service lines at Union Station. Several CTA bus routes also directly serve the station. Metra’s Union Pacific lines serve the Ogilvie Transportation Center, located two blocks north of Union Station.
- Western Avenue: Directly connect to Milwaukee North trains. CTA #49-Western and #65-Grand buses are within two blocks of the station.
- Mont Clare: CTA #65-Grand, #74-Fullerton, and #90-Harlem buses are within two blocks of the station.
- Elmwood Park: Pace #307-Harlem and #319-Grand buses serve the station.
- River Grove: Pace #331-Cumberland-5th buses serve the station.
- Franklin Park: Pace #319-Grand buses are within four blocks of the station.
- Hanover Park: Pace #554-Elgin-Woodfield buses serve the station.
- Elgin: Several Pace routes serve the station.
To open the map in a new window, click here.