- When: Saturday after Thanksgiving
- 2017: November 25
- Where: Northwestern Suburbs (starts/ends in Palatine)
- Metra Line: Union Pacific Northwest Line
- Cost: $8 Metra Weekend Pass
A new Thanksgiving tradition starting in 2017, the Christmas Kickoff Crawl will cover the most ground of any Yard Social train crawl along the Union Pacific Northwest Line, stretching from McHenry County’s oldest bowling alley in Fox River Grove all the way back to the inner-ring suburb of Park Ridge, then back out to wrap up in historic Palatine. Join us on Small Business Saturday as we check out six different venues in six different small communities radiating northwest out of Chicago.
We’ll be stopping at The Lamplighter Inn for breakfast before we head out, if you’re joining us in Palatine. The crawl also ends in Palatine where a wide variety of options await for your final stop of the night (although we strongly recommend going back to The Lamplighter Inn).
- 10:00am: Breakfast at The Lamplighter Inn, Palatine
- 11:45am: King-Pin Lanes, Fox River Grove
- 2:00pm: Grab-and-Go at Top Shelf Liquors, Fox River Grove
- 3:00pm: The Harp and Fiddle, Park Ridge
- 4:05pm: Miner Street Tavern, Des Plaines
- 5:15pm: Sam’s Place, Mount Prospect
- 6:30pm: Choose your own adventure in Palatine – See map for recommendations
To open map in a new window, click here.